1. The Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Belarus is a central governmental authority and submits to the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus. The Ministry of Energy coordinates the activities of other national governments on matters within its competence.
2. The Ministry of Energy is guided by the Constitution of the Republic of Belarus, the laws of the Republic of Belarus and these present Regulations.
3. The structure of the central office of the Ministry of Energy includes Department as a legal entity, the main management, departments, divisions, sectors.
The system of the Ministry of Energy consists of:
– state organizations subordinate to the Ministry of Energy, business entities, shares (stakes in charter capital) which belong to the Republic of Belarus and transferred to the control of the Ministry of Energy, in the list approved by the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus;
– governmental organizations included in the state electricity production association “BelEnergo” and state production association on fuel and gasification “BelTopGas”.
The main activities of the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Belarus:
– implementation of state policy in the field of power and gas consumers in the Republic of Belarus;
– creating conditions for effective work of energy state organizations in order to cover the requirements of economy and population in electrical and thermal energy, natural gas and LPG, solid fuels; monitoring of their rational and safe use;
– taking measures to ensure energy security of the Republic of Belarus;
– taking measures to ensure nuclear and radiation safety;
– preparation of proposals of energy policy formation and implementation of this policy;
– development and implementation of measures to improve payment;
– discipline in the calculations for fuel and energy.